Monday, January 28, 2008

Done!

The last stitch is taken, the quilt has been washed and dried and photographed. Now to pack it up safely and send it off to a land far away. I hope ??? likes her new quilt!


Here are a couple more photos:





This was a fun little quilt to make. I enjoyed working with these colors and the new quilting tool I bought. To cut the triangles from pieced strips, I used the smaller Kaleido-Ruler by Marti Michell. I'd like to try another quilt using the same technique. I had a few blocks come out a little wonky...I cut the corner triangles oversized and trimmed the blocks down to size. A few of the snowflakes' corners didn't meet up exactly with its neighbors' corners. I'd like to figure out where my squares went wrong. To make the binding, I used up all the odd width strips leftover from the triangle sets. I thought it might be too bulky, but it really wasn't that bad to work with.

I can't wait to see the rest of the quilts up on Flickr!!! I'm off the to the post office!

3 comments:

Bea said...

A beautiful quilt. Love this blocks. I´m hopeful - but ...
I know, I can´t be the winner!
Happy quilting!

Wendy said...

Thank you bea! You are very kind.

Rose Marie said...

It's a beautiful quilt and I love what you did with the binding!