Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Beautiful Day



It's amazing really. Just a few days ago, it snowed. A lot! We had a good 14-15" of soft white snow and windy conditions that may have qualified as a blizzard.


Today, the snow is nearly gone, just a few small piles where it was heaped during the removal process. It was a beautiful 64 degrees, with sunshine and blue skies. I left my coat in the car and felt the sun on my face.

Lovely

Gives one hope that spring is actually near!

On the swap quilt front, I've played with EQ5 this week. For hours. I've got some basic ideas that I really like, but I'm having a huge problem making them work with my stash. I've decided that my stash isn't a very good one. Most of the fabrics are in the muted, mid-tone range. I want to make a quilt with happy, bright pastels, not muddy roses and muted blues and greens. So, I'm tossing my "rule" to use my stash out the window. I'm going shopping early next week for something fun. Bring on the sunglasses! My stash can sit and wait for another project. I've certainly designed enough doll quilts to keep me busy for awhile!

1 comment:

Birdydownunder said...

thanks for visiting, I enjoyed my stay here so will be back. Maybe I could bring some of the 40degree (nearly 100deagrees) heat with me. I am sewing under the airconditioner. yes I too try to use the stash but sometimes its just not enough.