Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Still Debating...

what to do for the DQS7. My partner was very specific about his/her likes and dislikes. I did break down and buy some "designer" fat quarters today...not sure if I'll use them in this quilt or for some other project. We'll see what I think of them when they arrive. I've never been much of a "trendy" quilter; I tend to be happiest working with colors/fabrics I love - not just because they are by popular designers. In fact, I seem to choose things that are different just because they are different. A bit perverse, I know. But I don't like my quilts to look like I copied someone else. I would like to be original. And there are so many possibilities! Look at all the fabrics and colors and patterns - so many quilts and so little time!

So how about this one? (Playing with EQ5 is so much fun!!)

1 comment:

Arnden said...

I think your design is fun. I like the different size centers with more uniform logs.

If your partner gave you a super strict list of what they like/dislike, then they are silly. Maybe they just wanted to give you an idea of things they like and you can work in a similar color palate or style while still being original to yourself.

The whole draw of the swap (for many) is that you get to have something made with care from someone who loves quilting as much as you. I love getting quilties that are outside my comfort zone, but still kind of fit in with my favorites.

Don't second guess yourself, go and make a quilt that you think is fun!