Monday, April 28, 2008

And it's off!

Well, I did it. I finished my second little swap quilt in a month and just in time for the deadline! I'm off to mail it, far, far away. I hope it flies quickly so my partner doesn't have to wait too long. And I hope she likes it. It is very pastel-ish. It was fun to make. I bought a stack of Kaffe Fassett squares from Ebay awhile ago and have been afraid to use them. The large patterns and strong colors scare me a bit. Anyway, I thought they would work well in the Disappearing Nine Patch pattern, with a couple solids and a stripe. It went together very quickly. Quilting by hand took a little longer, but I'm pleased with the result. And I still have an enormous stack of those charms left, so I think I'll be experimenting some more to see how I can use them up!

Now I have to get busy sewing for Etsy. And I've been commissioned to make a T-shirt quilt. School will be over in no time and I'm beginning to panic (like I always do) that I will never get all my projects finished before school's out for the summer. So I'm off to sort out my sewing space right after I get back from the post office.

Bye Bye little quilt! Have a safe and speedy journey!

5 comments:

Christie said...

It looks fantastic, your partner is so lucky!

I can't believe you quilted it all by hand, love the pattern.

Birdydownunder said...

terrific you do wonderful work Wendy. Very creative.

susan said...

oh this is so beautiful!! i too have some kaffe fassett squares and have been afraid to use them. your quilt turned out so wonderfully, your partner is very lucky

Christie said...

Wendy, the postman just stopped by my house & guess what he delivered to me!!! I was right, your swap partner is VERY lucky!!

Thank you so much for this beautiful quilt, I can't tell you how happy I was to open this package. Your work is beautiful & I am inspired to practice my hand quilting.

So please know that your quilt has landed safely & is being loved in it's new home.

Tanaya said...

I just love this, especially the quilting.

Any chance you have received your quilt yet? I'm just checking in with everyone and wanted to update the list. Please let me know when you get a chance, thanks!

http://www.flickr.com/groups/dollquilt