Sunday, September 13, 2009

DQS7 - Quilt Mailed!

At last! My little quilt for DQS7 is finished! I mailed it on Wednesday, bound for its destination which will remain a mystery for now. After all the dithering I did when trying to decide what to make, I am very pleased with the result. I hope my partner is also pleased.



The pattern comes from Barbara Barber's book, "Foolproof Curves: Quilts with Bias Strips and Continuous Paper Piecing." It is a very good book. I originally bought the book after seeing her on TV with Alex Anderson. She was demonstrating her technique for piecing curves, which fascinated me. This design was included in the book and I always thought it would make a nice little quilt someday. It was actually quite easy to foundation piece the blocks; the border took more time!



I was able to fussy cut a few of the pieces to add some interest. I just love these little girls!

I made a second quilt, a zigzag quilt with half square triangles from the same group of fabrics. I'll keep that one for now. It just needs to be quilted and bound and then I'll either hang it in my sewing room or give it as a gift. I love the colors; a good thing since I bought so many fabrics for this quilt. I'll be able to work with this palette for awhile.

Now I can just sit back and watch for my mailman to come everyday. I can't wait to see what quilt was made for me. There are so many wonderful quilts showing up everyday in the Doll Quilt Swap pool on Flickr. I haven't been able to keep up with them.

2 comments:

Sonja♥ said...

You little quilt with the YoYo's is FABULOUS:)
I ♥ it!!!!

Jen said...

Wow - that is just fantastic!