Friday, January 1, 2010

100 and 1/1/10

This is my 100th post! Should probably celebrate somehow; but since I'm such a sporadic blogger, I think I'll just make a resolution to do better in the future. It is a new year and a new decade after all...

Anyway, I was thinking about the quilts I'd like to make this year and thought maybe it would be a good idea to make a list. Maybe if I write it down, somewhere it won't be easily lost, maybe I'll actually make the quilts. I have already purchased the fabric for several and even done some preliminary designing in EQ5. My fabric stash has grown beyond the bounds of what I can manage. So rather than having a stash busting sale, which I could still do, I'd like to see if I can use some of the fabrics as I originally intended.

So here is the list of quilts I've been thinking about today:

Laney's Quilt - Pinks, reds, oranges; made with pre-cut Fassett squares, pattern not determined

DQS8 - I plan to participate in this swap; just love the fun process, due in March

Family Room Throw - Taupes, coral, blue, green, some fabrics in stash, others needed; modern square pattern

T-shirt quilts - Two for my own kids and I have several potential commissions

Amy Butler Quilt - fabrics in stash, pattern not determined

Kaffe Fassett Quilt - fabrics in stash, pattern not determined

Well, that's good for a start. Hopefully committing my ideas to a published list will help me to follow through and get them done. Time just seems to go faster and faster; and my list of things I want to get done just keeps growing.

Happy New Year!

No comments: