Tuesday, June 5, 2007

One more day...

Then school is out for the summer! The year has been long and I'm glad it is over. I still have to figure out when I'm going to get my sewing time in...we rarely seem to be at home in the summer. But, since we leave for vacation on Saturday, I'll have lots of time to think about it.

I always try to take a sewing project - or two, along when we travel. I can work in the car and in the evenings after the kids are in bed. I'm planning a hand applique project, but I still have to gather up my fabrics. I wanted to use only my stash, but I'm a little short of greens and yellows. I'll just have to stop by the fabric store for a last minute fix before we load up the car.

I was wandering around the internet as I often do in the evening and I found a wonderful doll quilt swap that I've signed up for. I'm really excited to participate. What fun to make a sweet little quilt to send to a new friend and get one in return. Here's the link: http://dollquiltswap.wordpress.com/

Well, that's enough for today's post. I don't know when I'll have internet access while we're travelling so that might be it until I get home. I'm going to be very busy the next few days. But I should have lots of pictures!

Until then!

Wendy

1 comment:

Lisa K. said...

Hi, Wendy! Lisa K., Doll Quilt Swap Mama here.

We'd love to add you to our swap, but haven't received your sign-up information. I'm guessing you have a gmail account? Every so often some of the mails don't make it through. It seems to be gmail accounts with blogspot blogs, but not all - ? It's a mystery!

Anyway, please forward the message again: should be in your Sent Items?

Looking forward to hearing from you!