Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Decisions, Decisions...

I really have to decide on a design for my Four Seasons Doll Quilt Swap quilt. There are just too many choices! I've been playing with EQ5 and can't make up my mind. I've always wanted to try a sunburst block, or something else with curves. But I really like needle turn applique, and could see something featuring that in the center block, maybe with oak leaves and acorns... I have given myself until Friday morning to decide as I'll have a child-free opportunity to pop into the fabric shop to pick up what I need. My last swap quilt was almost entirely made from stash fabrics - actually leftover from another project. This time, I don't think I'll have the right colors to pull it off. Given the size, I won't need much of anything and I'm always looking for a good excuse to add to the stash. As though it's not big enough already...

We finally had a bit of rain last night and this morning. Yippee! Everything green has been suffering through a drought and it is just not possible to water everything enough as the heat just sucks the water up. I guess our rain was the leftovers from Tropical Storm Erin. We could have used a bit more rain, but given the flooding others suffered, I think I'll be content with what we got.


I had the opportunity to see some excellent tennis on Saturday afternoon. Every August, a town about 1/2 hour away hosts a Master's tournament that all the top men come to play. My tickets were for the afternoon semi-final, which happened to be
Roger Federer and Leyton Hewitt. The weather was good, the tennis was excellent and Roger won at the end of a long, close match. What a joy to watch him play!

Til next time,

Wendy

No comments: