Thursday, January 24, 2008

Nearing the Finish!




I'm almost done with the Four Seasons Swap quilt! The top is finished, including borders. Now I've got to sandwich, baste and quilt it, and then get the binding on. And it needs a label. The quilt hasn't named itself yet, that usually happens when I sewing the binding on. The nicest thing about these little quilts is that it doesn't take much time to do these often time-consuming tasks. I should be able to finish tomorrow. I thought I'd be done today, but I bought "Warm and White" batting and forgot I need to pre-shrink it. So that added a step and slowed the finishing down a bit. It's in the dryer now. But soon, I'll be heading off to the post office to send it on its journey.

I've had some busy days lately, that haven't involved much sewing. But next week is looking like a good sewing week. I can't believe it's almost February...

1 comment:

Colene said...

The little quilt is so cute! I'm sure the recipient will love it.