Sunday, January 13, 2008

Random Ramblings....

Not to much to blog today, just a bit of this and that. I have finished all of my little snowflake blocks for the 4 Seasons Swap Quilt and must make a decision about the fabric to use for the little triangles that go on the corners and the border. I have never used white fabric to finish a quilt, but this one seems to be asking for it: maybe a white on white print to represent the snow on the ground that my little flakes will soon join. I don't know, but I'm planning on finishing it this week so the decision must be made soon.

My sewing plans for the week were relying on the fact the the Australian Open is on TV, or so I thought. I very much enjoy a good tennis match and they're not often televised. So I plan to be home as much as possible during the weeks of the Grand Slams so I can sit at my machine and listen/watch tennis on the little TV above my head. Kind of sad, but there you go. Anyway, I checked my local listings today to plan out my week and was quite dismayed. ESPN has elected to broadcast daytime coverage on ESPN Classic, which my local cable company dropped earlier in the year. ESPN 360.com is not available from my internet provider (same company as the cable company). So I called them a couple of bad names and tried to come up with another plan. I can TIVO the nightly coverage to watch during the day, but I can't watch the TIVO in my sewing room. It seems I can get a "tournament pass" to watch via the internet for $25. This irritates me, but I'm not sure I am willing to forgo my tennis -- I was SO looking forward to it. I'll stew on it and decide tomorrow.

And I really need to fix my blog. I've been visiting blogs around the internet and I see so many with nice backgrounds and headers. My header has a photo from one of my quilts that used to be centered, but now it's all wonky and I don't know why. I don't have the skills to do anything really tricky, but I'd like a nice header and background. I need some sort of Blogger for Dummies...Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

So busy week ahead. Hopefully some tennis on TV, a finished swap quilt, and a better blog. I've also promised to help a friend with some window treatments and the kiddies get the day off on Friday. And my Etsy shops really need some new stuff. I can't believe January is half over already. So, I'm off to get some rest so I can hopefully get started bright and early tomorrow.

No comments: