Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Wild and Windy Wednesday

Wow! Have we had some weird weather here in Ohio! Yesterday, it was in the 50's - not normal for January. Then we got thunderstorms, with lightning. Also not normal! The temperature fell to 10 degrees by this morning. And windy!! I thought the roof was coming off for sure. I was quite nervous that one of our big trees would soon be crashing into the house. But the trees are all still standing, minus a few branches and all the shingles are still on the roof. We lost power for a short time, the cable (and internet) went out several times. But all seems back to normal, or it will be after I've finished re-setting all the clocks.

I tried to sew today and was not very productive. A lot of "un-sewing" going on... Anyway, my sewing machine was acting up. It was unplugged for the storm; I value it too highly to risk a shock. I think it's time for a visit to the repair shop. I'm lucky to live near a good dealership that has a very good repair department; it's a bit pricey though. At least I kept my old one so I won't be without a machine. I'm so glad I finished my swap quilt before the problems started; and a custom order for my Etsy shop. I'll give it another run tomorrow to see if it continues to act up. Its due for a servicing anyway...

I just visited Flickr to have a look at all the swap quilts that have been posted. There are some really lovely ones; some are so creative and different. I enjoy looking at them. I can't wait to see what the mailman brings me!

No comments: