Monday, July 30, 2007

It's Here!

Oh Happy Day! My doll quilt arrived today from far, far away. Half way around the world it travelled, all the way from Australia! It is lovely--all hand stitched and hand quilted! In yummy colors that will go perfectly in my sewing room. And as if the quilt wasn't special enough, the package was loaded with goodies, too! My thoughtful swap partner, Samantha, included some very cute fabric with a back-to-school theme and the current issue of Australian Patchwork & Quilting magazine. What a treat for me. It's a wonderful magazine that I pick up at the fabric shop sometimes when I'm in the mood for a bit of a splurge! So, here are the photos:




Isn't it great! I had so much fun doing the Doll Quilt Swap II. I hope they do it again, I'm already looking forward to the next one!

Now I have to bake a cake - wheat, milk, and peanut-free, for my son who is having a birthday tomorrow. And wrap presents...


Better get busy!


Wendy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad it arrived safely and you like it. I really enjoy making teeny tiny quilts. Your own quilt looks amazing.
I hope your son has a wonderful birthday too.

Sonja♥ said...

I like the appliqués!!!!