Monday, September 24, 2007

Just Quilting Along

Well, today was a productive day - sort of. The Four Season Doll Swap Quilt is very nearly finished. I'll get a picture of it up tomorrow. No time to grab the camera and set something up just now. If I was a better machine quilter, I'd be a lot happier with the result. The center portion of the quilt is all quilted and I'm content with it. The border is another story. I appliqued a design of flowers, leaves and acorns. I think I should quilt an outline around these elements. They are on a beige mottled background. The back of the quilt is dark green and brown. I did one part, in a light thread to match the background. I really do not like how it looks from the back. The tension was off some, making the stitches on the front look rather ugly. So I spent a large amount of time picking out small, uneven stitches. Tomorrow I'll re-stitch, but I'm stressed about the color of thread. Light looks bad on the back, but I'm not confident enough to use a darker thread on the front. If I use light on the front, and dark on the back, I may still have problems if the tension is not perfect. So I'm off to run the kids to their after school activities and I'll be thinking how to resolve my dilemma. I had really planned to be sewing the binding on tonight, but tomorrow will have to do.

No comments: