Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Progress!

Well, after a rather tedious day in the sewing room, I can report some progress on my autumn swap quilt. It's ninety degrees again today and it gets hot up in my little workspace. My little triangles wanted to twist under the feed dogs, which annoys me. But, at the end of the day, I have the center part of my little quilt together! Usually piecing goes a little smoother, but I guess I'm a bit out of practice. I think the result looks pretty good, though. Now I have to figure out the rest; I've changed my idea for the border. Enough triangles already! I've always thought I would applique some leaves and acorns around the border. I've got lots of sit and wait time coming up (swim practice starts soon!) so handwork is good way to pass the time.



I've been watching too much tennis on TV. The US Open is in the second week and some of the matches have been very good. My TIVO has been busy! But soon it will be over and there won't be much to watch until the Australian Open next year.

I've also been distracted by a doll. I saw these on the internet awhile ago and remembered them from my childhood. Well, I've become obsessed and finally decided I would not be content until I had one. It's the eyes I think, kind of like a sad puppy you want to bring home. My Blythe doll is on her way from Hong Kong and I'm already planning her wardrobe. And here I'd thought I'd finally grown up... Maybe if the clothes turn out, I'll add them to my Etsy shop. I really need to rationalize somehow...

Until next time!

Wendy

No comments: