Saturday, March 8, 2008

A Blizzard?


I was so ready for Spring and today we are having a blizzard!! Yes, a real blizzard, which really doesn't happen often in Ohio. Look at what I found outside my front door! We've had 12 inches of snow and it is still snowing. The winds are blowing, the snow is drifting and we are housebound. The roads are treacherous. I was supposed to attend a bridal shower today about 1 hour away in Kentucky. But, I'll be staying home instead. Thank goodness I have lots to do! I think I'm going to sew.

The arrival of the blizzard also marked the arrival of my Winter Swap Quilt from Abby. The package contained a sweet little blue and white quilt and lots of extra goodies. Very sweet! Thanks Abby!


So I'm off to the sewing room to play. I'd like to decide what I am making for the Spring Four Seasons Quilt Swap. I've got a couple of good ideas, but I need to sort through my stash to see what will work. I've made a goal to make it completely from my stash, if possible. I should be able to do so; I've got lots of fabric piled up but sometimes the right colors/values just aren't there. So I'm going to start with the stash and design around that for a change. I usually do it the other way, which almost always means a trip to the fabric store! Have I mentioned that I LOVE to buy fabric??

Have a happy Saturday!

No comments: