Saturday, March 1, 2008

Yay! It's March!!!!

Everything looks so much better when the calendar says "March"! I struggle with the winter months, February especially. I feel a sense of relief when the month is finally over. Thank goodness it's the shortest one!

Anyway -- bring on Spring! I'm ready for flowers and warm weather. And longer days and sunshine. I've got my fingers crossed that we won't have much more snow.

I've got the name of my Spring Four Seasons Swap Quilt partner. Now I can get down to the business of designing a cute little spring-y quilt. My partner hasn't made too many specific requests as to the type of quilt, so almost anything goes!! I'm setting some rules for myself: 1) Try a new technique, maybe curved piecing, 2) Most of the fabric must come from my stash, 3) Maybe add some embellishment, 4) Get done early! I'd like to mail it 2 weeks before the deadline, so I need to get busy.

And I have a question for any EQ quilters out there. I have EQ5 and think I'd like to upgrade to EQ6. But I have limited funds.... Are the differences worth the cost of the upgrade? I haven't had a chance to demo it; just looked at it online a bit. I know I want it, because I'm kind of techy geek - I always want the latest gadget. But I'm not sure I actually need it, know what I mean?? Anyway, please leave me your opinions. I rarely get comments, so I'm hoping someone will respond.

Thanks a bunch!! And keep looking for signs of spring!

Wendy

2 comments:

Janice said...

Yes, get it, its well worth the upgrade. EQ6 will handle jpgs instead of just bmps when you want to import photos and that alone is worth a lot to me. There are many more great improvements too - including a fine adjustment bar for placing blocks in custom layout. I love it.

Cathi said...

I think it's worth the price too -- I've just started playing with it, but am impressed with the fact it seems more user friendly than I found EQ5 to be and I love the little video tutorials! From what I've read others have said on various quilt lists, it's a BIG hit.