Sunday, April 22, 2007

Earth Day



Happy Earth Day! It is an absolutely beautiful day in Ohio. The sun is shining; the sky is bright blue. Just the right temperature, too. Warm enough to sit in the sun, but not so hot that you have to find shade. Lovely, lovely day. I enjoyed it with my family in the backyard. I found violets blooming near the woods. My dad always thought they were weeds, and tried unsuccessfully to kill them. For me, they are a welcome sign of Spring.


Etsy was down today for site maintenance. I was disappointed to have it down; I like to check in on my store and I had a new treasury posted -- this one was all quilts. But, the maintenance was necessary and I can wait a day. I made a couple of pincushions and thought about some other ideas that have been living in my head for awhile. I think maybe tomorrow I'll try to commit some of them to fabric. I'll put the pincushions on Etsy tomorrow, too.


I took some photos of my little dog today. Her name is Callie; she is a black and white parti color miniature schnauzer. She is a very affectionate and playful companion. She is 1-1/2 years old and rarely sits still long enough to photograph. Today, she was chewing a bone outside and I got a few photos. I still have not managed to get a picture that captures the real Callie.
Time to enjoy the rest of the day!
Wendy

No comments: