Saturday, April 14, 2007

First Blog Post

Hi! I guess that's a good way to start. Welcome to my blog. Never would have thought I'd have a blog--but I do. And this is my first post.

A year ago this would have never crossed my mind, but I discovered Etsy in the fall and decided that I just had to try it. I love to make things, but never know how to sell them. I really don't like asking people to buy my things. Shy, I guess. So, I decided to start an Etsy store and here I am with a blog. It just all seemed to go together.

I got my first Treasury on Etsy Friday. It was fun putting it together. I choose spring flowers as a theme. My spring flowers were frozen and I think I'll have to hope that I'll get to enjoy them next year. I found lots of pretty ones on Etsy. You can look if you like...
http://www.etsy.com/treasury.php?id=1176563012373U101298
It will be there until Sunday evening.

I made another pincushion today, and put that one on Etsy with 2 others that were waiting. They are fun to make. I took a class at the International Quilt Festival in Houston and learned some new piecing techniques. It was good to put them to use. I have some other ideas I'm working on. Some will be for Mother's Day.

I think that's enough for a 1st blog post. I'll show you more of my sewing and stuff another day.

No comments: