Monday, February 25, 2008

Finally Made a New Bag!


At long last, I've completed a new bag for my Etsy shop. Camera battery is charging, so I'll have to add a picture later. I used my sling style purse pattern and used a Kaffe Fassett print from my stash of fabrics. I hope to list it tonight after the camera is up and running and I also want to make a matching coin purse and key fob to list as well. I hadn't sat down to make a bag for a quite awhile and was very happy that I remembered how to do it! I need to make better notes, but hopefully I'll be making another one soon.

I spent some time thinking about what sort of spring quilt I'd like to make for the Four Seasons Swap. I've got a couple of ideas that I think will be nice; I'll have to see if my partner has any specific requirements. My mailbox was empty again today. My winter quilt hasn't arrived. I'm starting to think my special package from somewhere may not come. I do hope it is not lost... That would be a very sad end to someone's hard work. But it isn't a whole month past the deadline yet, so I'll try to be patient which I'm finding very hard to do!

Well, it's off to run the kids to all the afterschool activities. At least it isn't snowing today, so we won't be slip-sliding all the way!

3 comments:

Abby said...

Hi Wendy,
I am breaking with protocol to let you know that I am your winter swap partner. I have posted your quilt albeit it was a few days late due to my sick baby. Sorry. I do hope it arrives soon.

I have just read the last post on the four season quilt swap and wanted to contact you.... I am worried (especially after reading the 9 patch portion) that you may look at my quilt and think that not much effort went into it bt please be assured that I did try very hard to make something really nice for you. I am a very novice quilter and I thought joining this swap would help with me gain quilting skills however after reading alot of the comments from fellow swappers I think that I wont be joining another swap of this level again (although I was under the impression that all level's of quilting expertise wouldbe welcome).

Anyway.... please do not hesitate to contact me if you are disappointed or happy....

sincerely
Abby Bruce

Abby said...

Hi Wendy,
I don't have your email so I am contacting you via your blog to let you know the bad news..... Your qilt arrived on my doorstep yesterday afternoon.... I have taken it back to Australia post this morning and sorted it out and they assure me that it will make it's way oversea's to you ASAP.... I am so sorry for the delay apparantly our local post office is having trouble with it's new recruits..... fingers crossed all goes well this time.... thank you so much for you patience and for your kind words the other day.
luv Abby

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.