Sunday, February 24, 2008

Winter's Last Hurrah!?!?



Maybe.

I took this photo yesterday when I went out to check for mail. Still no quilt. Maybe Monday. Anyway, we've had too much wintery weather lately. Last week was a very strange week. Holiday on Monday, snow day on Wednesday and another one on Friday. Thank goodness for snowblowers. Of course they don't do much good when you get ice!

All of the trees were covered with a glistening layer of ice. How pretty when the sun came out and made everything sparkle. I'd like to make a quilt like that. My picture didn't quite capture the sparkliness.

More icy pictures:






Enough of the cold stuff! Bring on the Spring flowers!!

And I almost forgot! Sign-ups are going on now over at the Four Seasons Swap Blog for the Spring installment. I sent my information along to the marvelous Margaret who arranges all the madness. I find the swaps a great opportunity to try new techniques and complete a fun, small project at the same time. Go visit the blog if you'd like to give it a try!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Wendy-
Great to have you again. Has your winter quilt arrived yet?
margaret