Thursday, May 24, 2007

Bad Day

Bad 2 days, actually. Yesterday, my son hurt his arm at school - in gym class. I took him to the doctor and had an x-ray. The verdict: not broken. So off he goes to school today and I went off to do the things I had planned. The doctor called 10 minutes after I left home, on my home phone, and left a message that I would have to bring him in for a splint and take him to see the orthopedist because the radiologist sees a possible fracture. Ugh! I didn't get the message until 2:30, after which the plans for the rest of my day went haywire as we had to go all the way back to the doctor for the splint. The orthoped appointment is Saturday am, which should determine whether it is truly broken and what treatment is necessary.

I did accomplish the main thing I intended to do today; make my Memorial Day visit to my parents' gravesite to tidy up a bit and place flowers. My hometown is about an hour away, so while it is not too far to make the trip impossible - it's just far enough to make it more that a quick stop by the cemetery. I combined the trip with stops at every fabric store between here and there in search of a fabric for a potential customer. Didn't find what I was looking for, but I did find some other fabrics that I just had to have. So now I've added to my stash, again. I really need some quality time in the sewing room to turn some of these treasures into irresistable Etsy merchandise!

So tomorrow, I intend to stay home and sort through my piles of fabric. I have many ideas, too many maybe. They are all racing around in my head and I really need to focus on one at a time. I'd like to try to get some prototypes together so I can test out some of my designs. I think I'll try to pick one idea to get on paper and transformed by fabric and thread. Gotta start somewhere...

That's all for now,

Wendy

No comments: