Sunday, October 7, 2007

Look what I found on the front porch!


2007_1007fuji0010
Originally uploaded by On a Whim Creations
We arrived home from a long, hot day on the soccer field yesterday to find a small box on the front porch. I couldn't wait to get it opened because I knew something special was inside. I was right! It was my darling doll quilt made by Jane C. And I love it! The colors are perfect and the hand quilting is lovely. I can't wait to find the perfect spot for it in my home. Now I have to pull out the rest of my fall decorations and get ready for the season!
Here are a couple of pics of some of the detail. Isn't it just perfect?



It was a busy weekend, with two soccer games in the heat and some furniture shopping thrown in. The weatherman predicts a change in the weather coming Tuesday and I can't wait! It is not supposed to be 90 degrees in October and it just doesn't feel like fall. So maybe autumn will arrive to stay in a couple of days. The furniture shopping was not much of a success; I find committing to a couch for our family room beyond difficult! I'm starting to feel like Goldilocks (too big, too soft...)nothing just right, at least not yet!

Hopefully this week will bring some cooler weather and some good sewing progress. I'll be back with updates!

No comments: