Thursday, October 4, 2007

What Happened to Autumn?

Well, it's October 4 and 85 degrees in Ohio. It really isn't supposed to be this warm. This is supposed to be sweater weather. But no, we're still in shorts and flip-flops. I'm really not complaining because I don't like the cold and today was an absolutely lovely day. I'm just afraid we won't get fall this year. We'll wake up one day and it will be snowing and time to bundle up. And cuddle up with a nice quilt and a good book! Now there's a way to spend a Saturday.

This weekend will bring another soccer game. The game is at a field near a lake, which is known for fall color. It's still a little early for much color, but I might get a few pictures to share. It has been so dry that most of the leaves will probably just go brown. There is also an Oktoberfest this weekend that always attracts some good artists/craftsmen with their wares. It's good for early Holiday shopping.

I didn't accomplish any sewing today and won't tomorrow, either. Yesterday, I did work a little on a couple of prototypes for my Etsy shop. I find that very time-consuming. I have to work out all the little bugs and quirks so I can be happy with the finished product. Tomorrow I get to have a day out with friends which will be quite fun! We've got a little shopping trip planned.

That's all for now!

No comments: