Sunday, October 21, 2007

No Houston For Me--This Year...

I am very sad not to be going, because I have enjoyed my little quilting vacation for the last 2 years. I will miss Houston this year. It is such a unique experience. So many quilters gathered together from all over the world! The wonderful classes and fabulous quilts, not to mention more shopping than you can manage in a day, all under one very large roof. I've been to the International Quilt Festival three times in total, and every time I've gone alone and met such nice quilters to share a meal or chat with about projects. I've had fun and learned so much in the classes. I will miss my very special "me" time, when I got to indulge in my love for quilting away from my ordinary life. I'll need to build something into my schedule, because I don't think I can go a whole year without a good quilt show fix. So if anyone knows of any good shows coming up, let me know. And if you're lucky enough to be going to Houston this year--ENJOY!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wendy - this is a message from your Four Seasons Swap partner in the UK - I received your beautiful quilt this morning - the delay is probably due to our postal strikes - what can I say? It is wonderful - just the sort of thing I love - I feel very privileged to receive it and will treasure it - thank you so much for such a lovely quilt and the little extra surprises in the parcel